After testing over 1,200 products, Natural Child World’s Mom Lab selects not one, but two products from the i play., Inc. family of brands as finalists for the prestige award honoring sustainable and socially responsible products—the i play. Ultimate Swim Diaper and the green sprouts® Glass Sip ‘n Straw Cup.
“We are excited to see one of our most well-known products in the top five along with one of our newest products. It just shows that as the years go by, we are committed to making baby’s health and safety, product quality, and environmental impact a priority in our products,” says Vice President, Emi Kubota.
Each year, Natural Child World narrows down the best products for babies, children, and parents by rating performance, style, design, footprint, socially conscious endeavors, and ingredients. With the finalists selected, now it’s time for the public to cast their vote for number one.
A finalist in the Diapers category, the i play. Ultimate Swim Diaper is an eco-friendly alternative to disposable swim diapers. In addition to cutting back waste, the patented Ultimate Swim Diaper technology has three layers of protection and snug-fitting legs and waist to help keep accidents out of the pool! The Ultimate Swim Diaper is preferred by swim schools and parents around the world for its unbeatable protection and comfort.
A finalist in the Dish-ware/Utensils category, the green sprouts Glass Sip ‘n Straw Cup is safe from the inside out. In the Glass Sip ‘n Straw Cup, liquids only touch silicone and glass, which are safe for baby and keep liquids fresh! The glass lining is protected by a plastic outer shell and shock absorbent rubber base to help prevent breaks. Best of all, the Glass Sip ‘n Straw Cup comes with two interchangeable tops, making this sippy two cups in one!
It’s May, and vacation season is upon us! We thought it would never come! As you begin to plan your weekend getaways, annual trips, or a simple day of relaxation, we know swim safety is on your mind!
May 19-25 is the tenth annual Recreational Water Illness and Injury Prevention Week. Parents, organizations, and companies like us take time each year to promote healthy and safe swimming and bring awareness to RWIs. One of the easiest ways for parents help contribute to RWI prevention is to replace disposable swim diapers with pool-approved swim diapers.
Without a swim diaper, it is easier for accidents to enter the water, which can lead to serious illnesses—especially for little ones and those with compromised immune systems.
Through research, continual testing, and improvements, the i play. Ultimate Swim Diaper has become the trusted diaper of parents, swim schools, and public facilities all over the world. Best of all, no other diaper is necessary! The i play. Ultimate Swim Diaper is specially designed with snug-fitting legs and waist and three protective layers to help keep accidents out of the water and keep babies safe.
Learn more about RWIs and how swim diapers can help!
Happy Earth Day! We are excited to announce a new partnership with Recycle Bank!
Their new online shop, One Twine, helps connects shoppers like you with sustainable brands like us! Shop now and start discovering carefully vetted products that are better for your home, your wallet, and the earth!
Each year, the popular media site for parents, StrollerTraffic.com, finds the best products, services and websites for babies and tots and lets parents vote for their favorites! This year, green sprouts is a finalist in not once, but TWICE! The popular Baby Food Storage Cubes are a finalist in the Mealtime category for Easiest Ways to Freeze Purees and the Waterproof Bib is nominated also in the Mealtime category for Best Wipable Bib!
Voting is open now through January 31st! Cast your vote and support green sprouts!
While exploring the growth of the green baby products industry, GreenBiz.com called on i play., Inc. as a green baby gear pioneer to learn about the industry we’ve been a part of for 32 years!
Shop at any retailer patronized by educated, eco-conscious young parents — places such as Nordstrom and Whole Foods — and you’ll find plenty of products for babies that promise not to be harmful, either to infants or the environment.
In fact, when I asked Whole Foods about the demand for green baby goods, the company emailed me a statement from Maren Giuliano, executive global whole body coordinator, who wrote, “At Whole Foods Market, we have definitely seen a growing consumer demand for sustainable toys — our Green Toys line has been extremely popular with shoppers this holiday season.”
I also reached out to Gerber, which began offering organic baby food in the mid-1990s and says 90 percent of its fruits and vegetables are grown within driving distance of its factories. “[T]he majority of our consumers purchase a mix of organic and natural products,” wrote Wendy Johnson-Askew, VP of corporate affairs for Nestle Nutrition, Gerber’s parent company, in an email. “[W]e have seen growth in our organic pouches; however, this may be as a result of the growth of pouches instead of the growth of organics.”
Additionally, bloggers watching the actions of such corporate behemoths are increasingly making a living doing so.
In an email, Manda Aufochs Gillespie, founder and president of The Green Mama and author of a book coming out in the spring, wrote, “When I started [seven years ago] there was virtually no one doing anything around green parenting. Now there are numerous others. The green product market has become one of the fastest growing sectors of the skincare market, the food market and even the construction world. Green is on everyone’s minds these days. Unfortunately, this also means that greenwashing has become big business.”
Decades ago, greenwashing wasn’t even a concept — a fact that speaks to consumers’ growing desire over the years for products that are good for people and the planet.
A pioneer in green baby gear
When Becky Cannon first became a mother, she lived in Japan where natural baby products, such as cotton and wool diaper covers, were pretty easy to get. After moving to the U.S. and having her second child, it was a different story.
Cannon’s passion for raising her children without exposing them to harmful chemicals led her to import diaper covers from Japan, collect other natural baby care products and even begin making her own cloth diapers. In 1982, she started selling these items to others by mail order.
“We did organic cotton way back years ago, introducing it several times when there wasn’t much of a market for it,” Cannon said. “It’s not always an easy thing to do. It was a very small market”….click here to read the full article.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The Promotion is open to people 18 years of age or older (as of date of entry) who are legal residents of the United States and live within the United States for shipping purposes. The employees of i play., Inc. are not eligible to participate in this Promotion.
2. PROMOTION PERIOD. The Promotion begins on December 3, 2013 at 6 PT and ends on December 13, 2013 at 6 PT (“Promotion Period”). Entries will be accepted through the Promotion Period.
3. HOW TO ENTER.
If you haven’t already, you will need to create a Facebook (www.facebook.com) account (additional terms and conditions apply). To enter, you must first like i play., Inc. Follow the Promotion instructions. Your email address will be used to contact you should you win. This Promotion is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to i play., Inc. and not to Facebook. Each person may enter once.
4. SELECTION OF WINNERS AND NOTIFICATION: One (1) winner will be selected randomly by i play., Inc. The winner will be notified via email.
5. JUDGES / JUDGING.
All submissions must be via the “Win Your Pins” tab on the i play., Inc. Facebook page.
6. PRIZE AND PRIZE RESTRICTIONS. One (1) winner will be eligible to receive the items pinned (up to ten items).
7. PRIVACY: By entering the Promotion your email will automatically be added to i play., Inc.’s email list. i play., Inc. will not sell your email address or information. If at any point you do not want to be a part of the i play., Inc. email list, please notify i play., Inc. to unsubscribe.
8. BINDING EFFECT. By submitting your entry you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. All federal, state and local laws apply.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: i play., Inc.’s decisions are final on all matters related to this Promotion. i play., Inc. is not responsible for incomplete, lost, late, delayed or garbled applications or emails, incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, including but not limited to technical malfunctions, human or technical error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, so are or any combination thereof.
Only the fully completed entry form will be accepted. All applications submitted become the property of i play., Inc. i play., Inc. reserves the right, without prior notice, to terminate this Promotion, in whole or in part, or modify this Promotion in any way, and for any reason, including without limitation, if i play., Inc. determines in its sole discretion, that fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond i play., Inc.’s reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Promotion. i play., Inc. reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the application or entry process or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of the official rules and will be disqualified. i play., Inc.’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
By participating in this Promotion, participant releases and agrees to hold harmless i play., Inc. from any and all liability with respect to acceptance, possession or use (misuse), or failure to use any matters arising out of or relating to this Promotion or any prize.
10. PUBLICITY RELEASE. Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of a prize shall constitute the Winner’s agreement with i play., Inc. to use their name and prize information for promotional purposes without further payment or compensation, unless prohibited by law.
12. SPONSOR. The Promotion is sponsored by i play., Inc. with offices at 2000 Riverside Drive Suite 9, Asheville, NC 28804, USA.
13. LIST OF WINNERS. You may receive a list of the winners by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to i play., Inc., Sidney Setzer at Sponsor’s address no later than 60 days from end date of the Promotion Period.
14. DISPUTES. Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, other than the administration of the Promotion, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by a court having competent jurisdiction located in Buncombe County, North Carolina, U.S.A.; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will registrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and registrant hereby waives all rights to, claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and i play., Inc. in connection with the promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of North Carolina, U.S.A., without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.
In Buncombe County, 27% of young children are living in poverty. i play., a local clothing and natural baby product store in Asheville, has partnered with Smart Start of Buncombe County to ensure hundreds of families receive new quality clothing for their infants and toddlers.
“I got the idea to partner with Smart Start when I was invited to join their board and learned more about the work they do. They serve children birth to 5 years of age and our clothing line is for this same age group,” explained i play. co-owner, Emi Kubota.
Smart Start is coordinating the distribution of the clothing to various programs in the community specifically designed to assist families with young children in need, including: Nurse Family Partnership; Child Protective Services; Mother Love; and Emma Resource Center.
Read the full article here.
i play.® is excited to partner with Smart Start of Asheville to help further their mission of providing children with the care and education they need for healthy growth. Smart Start believes that early childhood experiences help shape the structure of children’s brains, and that it is our responsibility to make sure they have the experiences they need to thrive.
The i play.® organically grown collection ranges in sizes 3 to 9 months and is made entirely of organic cotton. Organic Cotton is grown without the use of toxins, synthetic fertilizers or pesticides, and is the safest, healthiest fabric available for babies. The clothing will be distributed by Smart Start throughout the community to families of young children in need and to licensed family child care home providers. Recipients will include Smart Start’s Infant/Toddler Play & Learn and CCR&R Family Child Care Home and local organizations such as Nurse Family Partnership, Child Protection Services, MotherLove, Family Resource Center at EMMA, and Sleep Tight for Kids.
To learn more about Smart Start and how you can get involved, click here.
Little and Loved, an online New Zealand boutique, is committed to offering products that are good for little ones and the environment. Their boutique was recently featured on Good Morning and highlighted items from our On Safari Collection! You can watch it below!